2013年11月7日木曜日

Sushi-Origins and History

http://youtu.be/bdUx0kvvnyk

Sushi appeared in Southeast Asia accidentally. Because at first, people used rice as a preservative of fish and after the soaking, they throwed rice away. In the Edo period, people became to use vinegar instead of natural fermentation.
Nigiri-sushi was made in Tokyo and it became popular after an earthquake in1923. Because sushi chefs spreaded into new areas in Japan looking for works.
I was very surpresed because I didnot know about sushi's history. At first people used rice as a preservative, and fish was soaked into rice. I was also amazed that nigiri-sushi was spreaded after the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923. If the disaster didnot occur, nigiri-sushi might not existence in the whole of Japan.
I want to learn about other Japanese traditional cuisines' history, too.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I watched the video you chose. I did not know the history of Nigiri-Sushi well. Vinegar is used to keep the quality of food, so it has been used for a long time.
    And, I didn’t know it was created after kanto earthquake in 1923 until you showed me this video. I love it so much and thought who invented such a wonderful food when I ate it for the first time. But now, wathing the video aroused mixed feeling in me because it was first made by the terrible disaster. Anyway, it was interesting video for me!

    返信削除
  2. I like sushi! But I also didn't know about sushi's history... So your video was so interesting for me! Sushi is very traditional and popular all over the world! I want more people to know about sushi's history.

    返信削除