2013年10月22日火曜日

The first impressions of my book


It was difficult for me to choose a book about foods, but finally I bought an enjoyable-looking essay on the Internet.
I was interested in it because it was the book about Japanese food written by a foreigner.
First of all, let me tell about the book and its author.
The title is "Sushi and Beyond-What the Japanese Know about Cooking" and  written by Michael Booth. He is british travel writer and journalist. He was influenced by a Japanese cooking book, the title is "A Simple Art", and he wanted to know about Japanese cuisine. So he visited Japan and investigated the state of Japanese food today, to learn about their techniques and ingredients.

It was very enjoyable for me to read the first section of the book. Particularly, I enjoyed reading a scene which he described unique Japanese foods, for example, konnyaku. He wrote that connnyaku was a dense, gelatinous, dark brown to hazy grey cake. I thought foreigners had different points of view for Japanese food, so his expressions was very interesting for me.

He thought Japanese foods were very healthy, so Japanese people could live for a long time.
He also seemed to want to get the secret of key to get health of Japanese.
I want to keep reading the book untiringly!


3 件のコメント:

  1. Your book looks so interesting! Foreigners have their original feelings and thoughts about Japanese food. They are sometimes different from ours. Therefore, it is interesting for us to learn new thoughts about them. Please tell me the details about your book in the next class.

    返信削除
  2. I agree with Minami! The book which you chose looks so interesting! And I am interested in the food culture in Japan which is thought by foreigners too. So I am really looking forward to listening your book report!

    返信削除
  3. I think the book you choose looks so interesting and surprisingly I intended to choose this book. I'm interested in the foreigner's thought for Japanese food. So I'm very looking forward to hearing story about this book.

    返信削除